This week the 2012 James Beard Foundation Awards Semifinalists was announced and it is an amazing list of talented chefs, sommeliers, and restaurateurs from all over the country.
The 2011 James Beard Awards was highlighted by quite a few outstanding women in the fields of wine service (Belinda Chang, The Modern) and chefs (Gabrielle Hamilton, Prune, and Angela Pinkerton, Eleven Madison Park), just to mention a few. This year is no exception with the likes of April Bloomfield (The Spotted Pig), Christina Tosi (Momofuku Milk Bar), and Ghaya Oliveira (Boulud Sud).
Check out the awards ceremony on May 4th and 7th to see who takes home the coveted JBF medallion. Congratulations to everyone!
A few of my favorites to check out:
- April Bloomfield, The Spotted Pig, NYC (also chef at The Breslin and The John Dory Oyster Bar) @spottedpignyc #chef (read more here)
- Christina Tosi, Momofuku Milk Bar, NYC @momomilkbar #chef
- Clayton Chapman, The Grey Plume, Omaha @TheGreyPlume #chef (read more here)
- Ghaya Oliveira, Boulud Sud, NYC @BouludSud #pastry #chef
- Giuseppe Tentori, GT Fish & Oyster, Chicago @giuseppetentori #chef (read more here)
- Marco Canora, Hearth Restaurant, NYC @MarcoCanora #chef
- Michael Mina, San Francisco @MichaelMinaSF #restaurant #service
- Michael White, Marea, NYC @Chefbianco #chef
- Paul Grieco, Terroir Wine Bar, NYC @Spitpaul @terroirNY #wine (read more here)
- Paul Kahan, Blackbird, Chicago @PaulKahan @619blackbird #chef
- Paul Kulik, The Boiler Room, Omaha @BoilerRoomOmaha #chef (read more here)